I was bored in class today so I made this up
1. List your 20 favorite bands
2. explain where, when & from whom you 1st head them (& if there is a funny story that corresponds with it)
3. what was the 1st song you heard?
4. What is your favorite song now?
in no particular order...
- at my best friends house, her older brother was playing S.C.I.E.N.C.E & I had a huge crush on him at the time so I would always hang out in his room. They became the first "real" band I ever liked.
- 1st song: "A Certain Shade Of Green"
- Fav. Song: "Echo: off Morning View
2. THE POLICE:
- My dad first played them for me while I was in the womb, apparantly but I remember listening to them as early as 7. What's funny is that when I was 9 my two favorite bands were NKOTB and The Police.
- 1st song: "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da"
- Fav song: "Walking On The Moon"
- I randomly saw the video for "Cosmopolitan Bloodloss" on MTV in , like, 2001 and Vincent Gallo is in it (I love him) so I immediately fell in love, for many reasons.
- 1st song: "Cosmopolitan Bloodloss"
- Fav. song: "Ape Dos Mil"
4. COHEED & CAMBRIA :
- I had a friend who was dating the guy who ran We The People Records & we would hang out at his office/studio a lot. He had a friend there one night from PA (this was in 2001) and played them for me and my friend Carly.
- 1st song: "Time Consumer"
- Fav. song: "Devil In Jersey City"
5. DEPECHE MODE:
- TO be honest, the first time I heard a DM song was in a Gap commercial, the one a long time ago, but other people were singing it. It had Alex Greenwald from Phantom Planet in it & it was like "Everybody in Vests" (I don't know if anyone will remember it)...anyways, I was in 8th grade so I was 14 & I was so obsessed with that commercial & Alex Greenwald & the song.
- 1st song: "Just Can't Get Enough"
- Fav. song: "Enjoy The Silence"
- This guy I was "dating", Sam, he had them playing in his car when he picked me up one night back in like May or June of 2004
- 1st song: "Readyfuels"
- Fav. song: "Glass To The Arson"
7. BLINK 182:
- I swear, I can't remember. It was in the 7th grade...it might have been from one of the boys in my class who was really into music and would talk to me about it.
- 1st song: "M + M's"
- Fav. song: "Voyuer"
8. EVERYTIME I DIE:
- Well I saw them once in San Diego in 2003, open for Hopesfall and Coheed...& then my ex boyfriend Dustin furthur introduced me to them.
- 1st song: "The Logic of Crocidiles"
- Fav. song: "I been gone a long time"
9. DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE:
- It was at least 2-3 years ago & it was either from Lauren, my roomate, or my friend Matt.
- 1st song: "We Laugh Indoors"
- Fav song: "I Was A Kaleidoscope"
- I first heard them in Romeo & Juliet and I was completely obsessed with that one song, but I actually didn't like a single other song. But thanks to my dear friend Matthew Alan, I realized the genius - way after the rest of the population.
- 1st song: "Talk Show Host"
- Fav. song: "Talk Show Host"
11. MURDER BY DEATH:
- Ther were suggested to me by the chick who does my hair cause I play the cello. And I was wicked confused cause, on account of their name, I thought they were a hardcore band. This was less then a year ago.
- 1st song: "The Devil In Mexico"
- Fav. song: "The Desert Is On Fire"
- I read about them in Alternative Press & they said they sounded like "ska-metalcore" so I had to give them a listen. This was probably about a year and 1/2 ago.
- 1st song: "I've Been Running for Miles, Davis"
- Fav. song: "The City is Drowning"
- My roomate used to play their first album constantly & then "Antics" came out & she would always play that in her car, and now I can't stop listening to it. So I only really got into them about 6 months ago
- 1st song: "NYC"
- Fav. song: "Evil"
14. RX BANDITS:
- When I was in the 10th grade my friends and I were at the spectrum in Irvine & we started talking to this boy who had a "Pharmacutical Bandits" shirt on & we were interoggating him about them. I kinda forgot about them until I found then on the Drive Thru website, known now as the RX Bandits.
- 1st song: "What If"
- Fav. song: "Status"
15. NEW FOUND GLORY:
- In 2000, I read an article about them going on tour with Blink, whom I was seeing soon, so I bought the CD while I was in San Fran. They are also the band I've seen the most live, which is at least 18 time the last time I counted.
- 1st song: "3rd & long"
- Fav. song: "Sincerely Me"
16. REEL BIG FISH:
- They are kind of a staple in OC, but my 1st boyfriend in the 9th grade played them ALL THE TIME, so that is how I intially got into them.
- 1st song: "Sellout"
- Fav. song: "The Kids DOn't Like It"
- Definetly from mr. Dustin Brian Robins. so in like...errr April 2003
- 1st song: "When The Sun Sleeps"
- Fav song: "I'm Content With Losing"
18. THE ALBUM LEAF:
- I heard a song on an episode of The OC and I didn't a frantic search to figure it out, and I did cause I'm a sniper. So that was last summer...Sept. 2004
- 1st song: "Streamside"
- Fav. song: "Eastern Glow"
19. EVERGREEN TERRACE:
- I first heard of them from Chris Perkins a friggan long time ago, like 4 years ago or something...I first started listening to them in 2003.
- 1st song: "No Donnie, These Men Are Nihilist's"
- Fav. song: "My Heart Beats In Breakdowns"
20. FRENCH KICKS:
- My friend Matt's band opened for them at a show at Chain Reaction in high school, probably Jr year so when I was 17 (2001)
- 1st song: no idea
- Fav. song: "When You Heard You"
do it kids.
you know you want to.
ps. I miss Boston